Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Time Flies When You're Having Fun!

*I am writing this a couple days early (his birthday is April 25), because I know I won't have time to write it on his actual birthday....we'll be too busy celebrating!*

I can't believe it's already been one year. It's hard to imagine my loud, rambunctious, laughing pre-toddler was a tiny newborn at this time last year. I look back on this first year and wish I had a time machine so I could go back and relive those all again.

Like the day he was born, and I thought I had never seen a more perfect baby.

Or the day when he first rolled over (at 6 weeks!)

His first real smile...and he hasn't stopped smiling since!

His first tooth (actually, it was 2 at the same time at 4 months)

The first time he tried baby food (and the hilarious faces he would make!)

The first time he crawled, and seeing his excitement and curiosity expound.

The first time he stood up, and started "cruising"


The first time he said "Mama", and absolutely melted my heart! 

I can honestly say that this has been the best year of my life. I love being a Mama to Gunnar. He is such a happy, energetic, easy-going child, and parenting him has been a true joy. I can't wait to see what this next year has in store!

Happy First Birthday, Gunnar!

Love, Mama


1 comment:

  1. Happy (early) 1st Birthday Gunnar!!! You have been such a blessing in all our lives! We love you!

    This is beautifully written Stacie.

    ReplyDelete