Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A New Year's Resolution for 2013

Don't you love it when God speaks to you? Being a Christian for 22 years now, I still struggle with seemingly simple things such as prayer time and personal devotions. But lately, and maybe it's because I'm a mother now and want to instill a love for God in my son, but I've been wanting an even deeper, personal relationship with Jesus. With 2012 coming to a close, I began to think of what I wanted to accomplish in 2013. I usually don't make New Year's Resolutions, because I tend to think "If you don't set the goal, you won't feel bad if you don't reach it!" (A bit pessimistic, I know!) However, as God was speaking to me about spending more time in His Word each day I began to come up with some personal, spiritual goals for the New Year. After a lot of prayer and meditation I came up with my New Year's Resolution-aka-My Personal Mission Statement: 

I will strive to be a Virtuous, Godly woman with a Heart for Home each and every week. I will look to Jesus and His Word for answers, advice, and encouragement as I take on what I believe is His calling in my life: being a submissive wife, a loving mother, and homemaker for my family.

I will daily look for ways that I can encourage my husband, submit to him, and come together as a unified body as we grow and raise our family.

I will instill a love for Jesus in my children, and train them up to be kind, considerate, truthful and obedient. I will give thanks to God daily for the opportunity to stay at home and train my children.

I will manage the time God has given me in a way that is honoring to Him. I will not boast or brag of accomplishments, but will instead give all glory to God. I will seek Him out daily in prayer and meditation, and will listen for His voice and guidance.

Wow. WOW. I wrote that a few days ago, and every time I re-read it I think "What on earth was I thinking?! There's no way I can accomplish all that!" But, I think that's kind of the point. This isn't saying I need to be the pinnacle of the Proverbs 31 or Titus 2 woman in just a few months, or even by the end of 2013, but that I need to strive for that each day, and understand that there will be days where I fall short. And that's ok. God doesn't call us to be perfect, He just calls us. It is my prayer that I can work toward this goal He has set before me in a way that brings all Glory to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment