Thursday, January 3, 2013

Off To a Great Start!

On Dec. 31, 2012, my husband and I decided we wanted to get-and stay-healthy in the new year. We had recently purchased a juicer, and watched the documentary "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" on Netflix, and decided that we were going to give healthy eating a GO! We set the goal to go on a "juice fast" for ten days. From Jan. 1-Jan. 10 we would eat (or rather drink) unlimited fruits and vegetables, but nothing else. No meats, no carbs, and NO SWEETS! Once the "juice fast" is over, we plan on continuing our healthy eating habits by eating meats and carbs in moderation (a few times a week), and keeping sweets and junk food to a minimum (once a week).

We are on day 3 of our juice fast, and I am so glad we decided to kick-start our weight loss/healthy living goals this way! We are getting LOADS of nutrients from all the fresh fruits and vegetables, we feel FULL after drinking a juice, AND we are already seeing the pounds come off! This morning, at the start of day 3, I was down FOUR pounds! And, I'm losing it in a healthy way, with a fool-proof plan to keep it off afterwards.

My main focus in this diet is my body. I have shared on here that I have a hormonal imbalance that causes me to have irregular periods and irregular ovulation. Before I turn to medications, I want to try and get my body in the best shape it could be, and for me that meant detoxing my body of all the bad, and filling it with good! I am praying that God will heal me through my dedication to healthy eating. I know medications would probably have a faster result, but I would rather do it naturally, while working with and trusting my body to do what it should.

2013 looks like it's going to be a healthy year!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Stacie! I think it is awesome you are taking your "heart for home" and applying it to the health of your family! Sometimes we don't balance all the areas in our lives: our spirit, mind, relationships, finances, and physical bodies! Your stance on home makes me think of Proverbs 31:28---"Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, LeAnn! That means a lot to me! It is my desire to become the woman God has called me to be, and that includes the area of health and fitness as well.

    ReplyDelete