Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sales, Deals, and Clearance...Oh My!

This weekend my mom came up to visit, which is always a lot of fun! We were able to show her the duplex we are considering moving in to, (I'll probably blog more about that at a later date) and then later she, Gunnar, and I headed for the mall for some retail therapy! With my Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket it didn't take long for me to find some amazing deals!

I decided beforehand that I would only look at what was on sale. I also decided to find clothes that would be modest and honoring to God. That can be difficult to do at the mall, but today I didn't seem to have any problem keeping both of those promises! And, I am so glad I was able to do that because for a little under $120 spent I came away with:
  • 6 new pairs of underwear
  • 2 new pairs of dress pants (gray and black)
  • 2 sweaters (peach and gray)
  • 2 tank tops (gray and white)
  • 1 "dressy" knit top
  • 1 new pair of black dress shoes
  • 2 new shirts for Gunnar (what can I say! I'm a Mom and just can't resist spending my money on my Lil Man!) 
So, as you can see I had a VERY productive shopping day! The majority of the clothes came from New York and Company. A store that I love because of the modest selection of clothing I am always able to find there, yet do not shop at very often because of the high prices. Well, they were having a HUGE after-Christmas Sale, and I am so glad I went in that store first! My two sweaters each cost $10, the black dress pants cost $10, and the gray pants were $20. With deals that good I may be back again very soon :)

I got the new dress shoes at J.C. Penney's for.....$18! Talk about a steal! My gray tank top also came from J.C. Penney's and cost a whopping $4. Yes, you read that correctly! Ya gotta love the Clearance rack ;) 

I think what I love most about the tops that I bought, is that all tops can be worn with jeans, black dress pants, or gray dress pants! I love tops that are versatile and able to either be "dressed-up" if you're going some place nice, or "toned-down" if you're going someplace a little more casual. Also, the two tank tops I got can both be worn with all three tops. So, in all I think we're looking at approximately 15 different outfits than can be put together from what I bought today :) 

All in all, I'd say it was a very good shopping experience! And, best of all....I still have Christmas money left over! Hmm....what to spend it on? Whatever I decide, I'm sure I'll have a blast spending the rest of it :)

 This entire outfit only cost me $34!
 A $14 outfit! Can't beat that!
Unfortunately in this picture you can't see the white tank top I have on underneath.

I'll have to post a picture of Gunnar in his new shirts tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment