Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

I have already mentioned in a previous post the personal mission statement and spiritual goals that I am setting for not only 2013, but long-term as well. However, I thought I would share with you some of my short-term goals for the year 2013.

1. Lose 23 pounds. I still have about 15 pounds of pregnancy weight to lose, so this would actually put me below pre-pregnancy weight! I do not plan on using any diet plan because I know that diets, for me anyway, tend not to work. Instead, I want to simply eat healthy, get rid of the junk food (and when I have it eat it in controlled moderation), and drink plenty of water. Starting today, for the next 10 days I will be on a juice fast. I will juice unlimited fresh fruits and vegetables, but that will be all. Cleansing out my system sounds like a good way to start the year!

2. Understand my cycle. A week ago I found out that I have a hormone imbalance that could cause difficulty in getting pregnant without fertility treatments. My goal for 2013 is to fully understand the cycle God gave me, and to find ways to stay healthy so that my body can support a pregnancy when God sees fit to bless us again.

3. Limit TV time. Ok, so this one is going to be hard! I'm a stay-at-home mom of an 8 month old, without a car. I stay in the house the majority of the day, and my son is too young to have a conversation with. But, I want to find other ways to fill my time, whether it's through blogging, reading, or crafting.

4. Family Time. I want to take time to visit with my extended family this year. My goal is to visit with extended family members at least once a month.

5. Go to South Carolina. I want to plan a trip to visit my best friend and her family at their new home in South Carolina.

6. Give it to God. This one is more of a long-term goal, but I want to start now. I want to hand over the stresses of life to God and put my trust fully in Him, instead of trying to take control of it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment